Friday, August 6, 2010

Mountain Man Breakfast

We made this dutch oven breakfast on a previous camping trip and LOVED it. I thought I had posted it and was shocked to find out I hadn't. Luckily I found the recipe again. Here it is:


1 lb.bacon 10-12 medium potatoes; sliced (We like to cube our potatoes)
2 medium yellow onions; diced 12 eggs; beaten
1 1/2 cups fresh mushrooms; sliced
salt and pepper to taste
1 green bell pepper; diced 3 cups grated Cheddar cheese
3 cloves garlic; minced
picante sauce

Heat a 12" Dutch oven using 18-20 briquettes bottom until hot. Cut bacon into 1 inch slices. Add to Dutch oven and fry until brown. Add onion, mushrooms, bell pepper and saute until onions are translucent. Add potatoes and season with salt and pepper. Cover and bake using 8 briquettes bottom and 14-16 briquettes top for 30 minutes. Season eggs with salt and pepper then pour eggs over top of potatoes. Cover and bake another 20 minutes. Stir gently every 5 minutes. When eggs are done, cover top with cheese and replace lid. Let stand until cheese is melted.

Serve topped with picante sauce.

4 comments:

wheelchairs : Manish Steel Works said...

I really appreciate your post and you explain each and every point very well.Thanks for sharing this information.And I’ll love to read your next post too.

Wheelchairs

Wheelchair India said...

Hey, very nice site. I came across this on Google, and I am stoked that I did. I will definitely be coming back here more often. Wish I could add to the conversation and bring a bit more to the table, but am just taking in as much info as I can at the moment. Thanks for sharing.
Side Wheel Attachment For Activa
Keep Posting:)

Wheelchair India said...

Hey, very nice site. I came across this on Google, and I am stoked that I did. I will definitely be coming back here more often. Wish I could add to the conversation and bring a bit more to the table, but am just taking in as much info as I can at the moment. Thanks for sharing.
Mobility Products For Handicapped
Keep Posting:)

Wheelchair India said...

Wow, what a great site, all of the posts are so informative for people with disabilities. I liked it! I also have a blog/site about that covers wheelchair related stuff. Please feel free to visit. Thanks for sharing.
ARAI Approved Side Wheel Attachment
Side Wheel Attachment For Handicapped
Keep Posting:)