Friday, April 9, 2010

Chicken Salad Sandwiches

My friend Robin gave me this recipe a few months ago. I finally tried it out and I loved it! I was able to make six big croissant sandwiches from this recipe. I didn't add the crushed pineapple or almonds but I am sure it would be good. However, the chicken salad was plenty flavorful without them. I spread one half of each croissant with mayonnaise, topped it with some lettuce, and a portion on the chicken salad. I am excited to have a good recipe to make for luncheons. Thanks Robin!


Chicken Salad Sandwiches

4 cups cubed cooked chicken
1 cup chopped celery
3/4 cup sliced green onion
1/4 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. celery salt
2 tsp. lemon juice
1/2 cup mayo
1/4 cup sour cream
16 oz. crushed pineapple, drained (Optional)
1/2 cup sliced almonds (Optional)

Combine all ingredients and stir until blended. Refrigerate and cover until ready to serve.

9 comments:

Whitney & McKayla said...

We make these all the time...sounds delicious. There was a girl I worked with that also left out the pineapple and nuts, but used dried cranberries. I guess that might be another alternative for some.

Stamp Happy with Karen said...

These look great! Can't wait to try them, I think I will sub the Pineapple and Almonds for Cranberries and walnuts :) I love your Blog, I look forward to our posts!

Julie said...

Chicken salad is one of my favorites. Never thought of using sour cream, bet that really adds a nice flavor :)

Amarelis said...

i just discovered your blog and imediatly was drawn to this! i love chicken salad and i cant wait to try it on my own!

wheelchairs : Manish Steel Works said...

I really appreciate your post and you explain each and every point very well.Thanks for sharing this information.And I’ll love to read your next post too.

Wheelchairs

wheelchairs : Manish Steel Works said...

Thanks a lot for this informative post i like this post thanks a lot for this great information. keep posting and updating the blog. i like it so much....

Disability Products

Wheelchair India said...

Nice site, It strikes a nice balance of the concept. I had a natural tendency towards 'mindfulness' from a young age. I am glad that I will definitely be coming back here more often. Wish I could add to the conversation. Thanks for sharing.
honda activa 3 wheeler
Scooter For Handicapped Person
Side Wheel Attachment Kit
Side wheel attachment manufacturers
3 wheeler for handicapped

Keep Posting:)

Unknown said...

Hey, very nice site. I came across this on Google, and I am stoked that I did. I will definitely be coming back here more often. Wish I could add to the conversation and bring a bit more to the table, but am just taking in as much info as I can at the moment. Thanks for sharing.
Side Wheel Attachment For Handicapped
Keep Posting:)

Wheelchair India said...

Hey, very nice site. I came across this on Google, and I am stoked that I did. I will definitely be coming back here more often. Wish I could add to the conversation and bring a bit more to the table, but am just taking in as much info as I can at the moment. Thanks for sharing.
Handicapped Tricycle Suppliers

Keep Posting:)