Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Soft Garlic Knots

I found this recipe on Kara's Kitchen Creations. My whole family loved these! I only had regular yeast so I had to let them rise two times. I am going to try them next time with instant yeast. That would make them even easier. Thanks for sharing the great recipe Kara! These will be a new regular at our house.

3 cups flour
1 Tbsp. sugar
2 tsp. instant yeast
1 1/4 tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1/4 cup milk
1 cup hot water

Garlic butter glaze:
2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
2 Tbsp. melted butter
1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning

Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl. (I used my kitchen aid) Add the olive oil, milk and water. Mix until ingredients have formed a dough. Knead on low speed until the dough is smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes. Transfer the dough to a lightly oiled bowl, turn once to coat, and cover with plastic wrap. Allow to rise for about 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until double in bulk.

Divide the dough into 10 equal pieces. Roll each piece into an 8" long rope and tie into a knot. Place on a greased cookie sheet. Let rise for 30-45 minutes. Combine all ingredients and brush over rolls. Bake at 350 until lightly browned, about 18-20 minutes.

3 comments:

varunner said...

Oh yum, these look awesome!

Jeanette said...

These look good! I am going to have a lasagne birthday dinner on Sunday and will try these instead of the usual garlic bread.

K Melanese said...

Jadi - I have used a few of your recipes and each have turned out great. I am thrilled to find a good garlic bread as well. You should try I and my sister's recipe site. We are having so much fun with it and it really seems like the stuff you would be interested in. I would just be flattered to have you as a follower. http://oddiblesublime.blogspot.com/
I hope to see you there. Enjoy.