Saturday, January 16, 2010

Pudding Sugar Cookies



I found this recipe in a Taste of Home magazine about 7-8 years ago. These quickly became a family favorite. My husband especially loves them. They are very soft and melt in your mouth. I have only used vanilla flavored pudding mix but you could experiment with other flavors too.

1 c. butter, softened
1 c. vegetable oil
1 cup sugar
1 c. confectioners' sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 package (3.4 oz) vanilla instant pudding mix
4 c. all-purpose flour
1 tsp. cream of tartar
1 tsp. baking soda

In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter, oil, and sugars for 4-5 minutes. Beat in eggs, vanilla, and dry pudding mix. Combine the flour, cream of tartar, and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture.
Drop by tablespoons 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. Slightly flatten with a glass dipped in sugar. Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes or until very lightly brown around the edges. Be careful to not over bake these. Immediately remove to wire racks and sprinkle with more sugar. YUM!!!

Yields about 7 dozen cookies.

12 comments:

Trimble said...

I made these last night but replaced the egg with 1 Tablespoon of Flaxseed and 3 Tablespoons of water because my son is allergic to eggs. They were FABULOUS! I put some chocolate chips a few for my son and he was VERY happy. Not sure what the texture is when you use egg but the way I made them reminded me of Pecan Sandies but a little less dense. They were soft on the inside and crispy, but not hard on the edges. Thanks for sharing!

wheelchairs : Manish Steel Works said...

Thanks a lot for this informative post i like this post thanks a lot for this great information. keep posting and updating the blog. i like it so much....

Disability Products

Miss Bell said...

I'm baking these right now from the recipe link I found on Pintrest =) Thanks so much for sharing, the dough is tasty, so I have no doubt the cookies will be too!

Update: the cookies are delicious!

Mobcat said...

I made these last night, and while putting them on the tray I found them to be very oily. After just them in until they they were turning a golden color, the cookies came out hard. I put more flour in the dough and it was still oily, but the cookies came out a little better.

The dough was good, but the cookies tasted plain. The cookies came out nothing like the picture. I don't like this recipe much.

Nicky Brown said...

These cookies are amazing! I'm not much of a fan of sugar cookies but since these had pudding in them I decided to give them a try. I sure am glad I did! I did half of them as the recipe said and then the other half I added cinnamon to and rolled them in cinnamon sugar mixture. They were delicious! Thank you so much for the recipe!

leeshink said...

spot on with this write-up, i like the way you discuss the things. i'm impressed, i must say. i'll probably be back again to read more. thanks for sharing this with us.

Lee Shin
www.trendone.net

sarah lee said...

I really enjoyed reading your article. I found this as an informative and interesting post, so i think it is very useful and knowledgeable. I would like to thank you for the effort you have made in writing this article.


edupdf.org

kendrapadilla said...

i will continue to recommend this page to my friends. your writing skills impressed me.

www.joeydavila.net

Leslie Lim said...

At last! I found this truly amazing article. I am very happy that I found this very good article of yours. Very good info and very creative post. Thanks.

Taylor
www.imarksweb.org

joy said...

I accidentally viewed your blog and I was so amazed with your work that it touched the deepness of my heart and it made me sentimental. Thanks for posting. Visit my site too.

n8fan.net

www.n8fan.net

Cindy Dy said...

You are an awesome blogger. This is one of the best blog I had visited so far. Hope to read more post from you in the future. Keep it up. God bless.

www.gofastek.com

McJo said...

I want to try this recipe but I want to know if I can cut shapes out the dough like the other sugar cookie recipes?