Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Parmesan Chicken

When my husband asked me if I would make this I realized I had forgotten all about it. This chicken always goes over well with my family. It is very tender and tastes delicious. Another reason I love it is that it is so easy to prepare. It is kind of similar to my ranch chicken recipe but with a different flavor. I only put 1 to 1 1/2 tsp. of the garlic salt in because my husband doesn't like salt. I usually dip the chicken in melted butter instead of yogurt because that is usually what I have on hand. I also don't make the sour cream chicken sauce but thought I would share the recipe in case you are interested in trying it out. Give this recipe a try!

2 cups crushed Ritz crackers
3 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
2 tsp. garlic salt
8 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cup plain yogurt or 1/2 cup melted butter
1/4 cup butter, melted

Combine cracker crumbs, Parmesan cheese, and garlic salt. Dip each piece of chicken in yogurt to coat and then in crumb mixture. Arrange in greased 9X13-inch baking dish. Drizzle with 1/4 cup melted butter. Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes. Top with Sour Cream Chicken sauce, if desired.

Sour Cream Chicken Sauce

2 (10 3/4-ounce) cans cream of chicken soup, undiluted
1 cup sour cream

In a small saucepan heat soup and sour cream together over low heat, stirring frequently.

2 comments:

Staci said...

Yum. I want to try that.

Bonny said...

This looks really good! My family loves the Ritz breading, but this is a fun variation on the one I usually use. Thanks for sharing.