Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Robin's To Die For Turtles

I recently hosted an All things chocolate recipe exchange. There were several great recipes. I made the chocolate peanut butter Ritz cookies that I have listed under cookies. One of my friends brought the Oreo balls recipe I have listed under treats/candies. Somehow I didn't get copies of a few recipes. If I can get the recipes I will post them too!

This recipe is from my friend Robin Wikle. She brought these to the chocolate recipe exchange. These are very similar to the Oatmeal Carmelita recipe I have posted. These are delicious!

1 bag of caramels
1/2 c. of milk, cream, or half and half
2 sticks softened real butter
1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 cups oatmeal
1 cup brown sugar
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
8 oz. chocolate chips

Melt caramels and milk or cream over low heat. Mix butter, flour, oatmeal, brown sugar, soda, and salt until crumbly. Place half of flour mixture on bottom of 9X13 pan and bake for 15 minutes at 350. Take out and pour caramel over baked mixture. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and then the rest of the flour mixture. Bake an additional 10-15 minutes more until the top has a shiny finish. Cool for 20 minutes to set.

1 comments:

Dover Fam said...

We have tagged you as a Queen! Please come check out our blog so you can grab the button!!!
mandeeandbrandy.blogspot.com