Sunday, April 5, 2009

No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies

These cookies are addictive. We made these cookies for a Young Women activity at church. My friend Bonny gave me the recipe and I couldn't wait to make more when I got home. Here is the easy and delicious recipe. Thanks Bonny!

1 stick of butter
1/4 c. cocoa
1/2 c. milk
2 c. sugar
1 Tbsp. vanilla
1/2 c. peanut butter
3 c. oats

Boil butter, cocoa, milk and sugar for 1 minute. Take the mixture off of the heat and add the peanut butter, vanilla, and oats. Spoon out onto wax paper.

2 comments:

Bonny said...

Woo-hoo! I'm so glad you liked them. The only thing I had the girls do differently than the recipe said was I just add the butter, sugar, milk and cocoa. Then I boil that for 1 minute. I take it off the heat and then add the peanut butter, vanilla, and oats. I don't even know if it makes a difference, but that's what I do. Yours turned out great!

Bonny said...

I like the new picture of these!