Friday, February 13, 2009

Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup


My friend Esther told me how much her family loves creamy chicken noodle soup. I remembered getting a recipe for it from my friend Lisa. I decided to try it out. My family LOVED it! I couldn't stop taste testing it while I was making it. It was sooo good! This will be a regular at our house from now on. Homemade noodles made this soup delicious! Serve with bread bowls or homemade rolls.

3 cans chicken broth
2 cups carrots, chopped
2 cups celery, chopped
1/2 onion, chopped
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1/4 cup milk
2 cups chicken, cooked and cubed
4 cups noodles (I used the homemade noodle recipe I have listed under noodles)
1 bay leaf
1/2 tsp. oregano
1/2 tsp. dried basil, crushed
1/4 tsp. pepper

Boil broth and veggies until cooked. (about 15-20 min or until tender) Add cream of chicken soup, milk and seasonings. Let simmer for about 15-20 minutes and then add noodles and chicken and continue to simmer for about 15-20 minutes more or until noodles and done. Keep on low until ready to serve.

4 comments:

a-anderson said...

Your recipes look soooo good! I can't wait to try them. Thanks for the photos. I love to see what I am making! Keep posting more.

Jadi said...

That chicken soup was so yummy. -- Love, Kaden

Bonny said...

I can't wait to try this recipe. Oh, and I don't think I've told you yet, Jadi, that I made the bigger version of your Ritz cookies a couple of times and we all loved them. They are SO good!

Kara said...

This soup looks sooo yummy! I've never made creamy chicken noodle before, but I bet my family would love it. Homemade noodles do make soup magnificent!