Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Bonny Reckner's Famous Chocolate Chip Cookies


I had heard about my friend Bonny's cookies being good. Then one day she was kind enough to share one with me. I was hooked from the first bite! In my opinion these are the perfect chocolate chip cookies. My family LOVES them! Thanks for sharing your wonderful recipe Bonny!

2 sticks butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
2 3/4 cups flour
2 1/2-3 cups chocolate chips. (Depending on your preference)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease cookie sheets. Cream together butter and both sugars in a kitchen aid or by hand for several minutes. (I do it for at least 5-7)
Add eggs. Mix together. Add baking soda, salt, and vanilla. Mix in. Add flour. Mix just until combined. You don't want to over mix the flour.
Add chocolate chips. Mix to combine. Spoon (I use a cookie scoop) onto greased cookie sheets and bake for 8-10 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Enjoy with a cold glass of milk!

1 comments:

Bonny said...

I'm so glad you like them! And you're so sweet--you make me sound like a Food Network celebrity. =)