Thursday, August 21, 2008

Esther's Chocolate Applesauce Cake


One day my friend Esther sent my son home with a piece of cake. I know it was meant for him but I ended up taking a bite and ate it all! :) This is a good cake and for some reason I don't feel as guilty eating it because there is applesauce in it. Esther was kind enough to share her recipe so enjoy!

1/2 c. shortening
1 1/2 c. sugar
2 eggs
2 c. flour
1 tsp. salt
3 Tbsp. cocoa
1 tsp. baking soda
2 c. applesauce
1/2 tsp cinnamon
6 oz chocolate chips.
mix sugar, shortening and eggs. Mix in dry ingredients. Mix in applesauce. Pour in greased 9x13 pan. Sprinkle with chocolate chips. Bake @ 350 for 35-40 minutes. Make a runny glaze with powdered sugar and milk. (approx 1/2 to 1 cup). Pour over cake with spoon while cake is still hot.

0 comments: